Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Room A/C spitting out chunks of black--dirt??

"Steven L." wrote in message
Hi all,
I've got a Sears Kenmore room air conditioner unit in a thru-the-wall
sleeve in my living room.

When it's running, it keeps spitting out little pieces of
black--something--perhaps dirt, that are really dirtying up my nice
carpet. Not all the time, but maybe a half dozen chunks each day.

I cleaned the A/C filter, but that's not stopping the problem.

Where is that black stuff coming from, and how can I stop it?

What does the black stuff look and feel like? Could be pieces of the foam
filter, but can also be wads of mold that built up in there over the winter.