Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gerald Miller Gerald Miller is offline

Default Help soldering broken bandsaw blade

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 23:03:07 -0500, "Snag"
wrote:

Artemus wrote:

That's kind of what I was thinking to make the scarfs. Thanks.
I don't have an OE torch. Can I use propane with the 50% silver
solder? Mapp? Mapp/oxy?
Art

For a piece that small your propane torch should work . Dad silversoldered
that way - though not bandsaw blades . Bigger pieces he put on mom's gas
range plus the torch .

I have been using a propane "Turbo Torch" for silver brazing for many
years. I think that the largest Item I ever did was a 4" brass drain
elbow joined to a toilet floor flange - I had to cut both pieces to
reduce the cover (concrete floor) over the top of the pipe to less
than an inch. The home owner had attempted to instal the toilet on top
of the stub left by the original construction contractor then brought
home another bag of "sack crete" every night to raise the floor up to
support the toilet - WHAT A F * * * *D UP MESS !
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada