Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Help soldering broken bandsaw blade

"Artemus" wrote:

Obviously I'm doing something wrong here as my joints are brittle
and don't hold worth squat. I ground the ends of the blade to about
45 degrees and cleaned the ends with sandpaper. I put on plenty
of flux and wedged a small piece of silver solder in the scarf joint.

Silver solder (low silver content) or silver braze (high silver content)?

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller