Posted to alt.home.repair
Ron Ron is offline

Default Room A/C spitting out chunks of black--dirt??

On Jun 10, 3:31*pm, "Steven L." wrote:
Hi all,
I've got a Sears Kenmore room air conditioner unit in a thru-the-wall
sleeve in my living room.

When it's running, it keeps spitting out little pieces of
black--something--perhaps dirt, that are really dirtying up my nice
carpet. *Not all the time, but maybe a half dozen chunks each day.

I cleaned the A/C filter, but that's not stopping the problem.

Where is that black stuff coming from, and how can I stop it?

-- Steven L.

Probably a dried out foam gasket. I have an older car that is doing
the same thing. Brown sticky pieces of foam come out of the vents
sometimes.