Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac,sci.engr.control,sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] vjp2.at@at.BioStrategist.dot.dot.com is offline

Default Humidity Detecting Switch

Understood. Most of my mold problems are nowhere near the shower.
(Pointing, siding shingles and duct perspiration might be implicated.) When
my mom was alive, we never had mold in the house. After my dad also died, it
blossomed. I stopped using heat and cool because I essentially "borrowed" it
form my godparents upstairs. I had by heat at 57F and cool at 87F and it
almost never turned on. I also kept the rooms locked up because I was rarely
home.

In fact, I have learned over the past six months, when I sudeenly found
myself spending more time working from home, to push the temperature duing
rain so as to trigger more ventillation.

I live where the East and FLushing rivers empty into Long Island sound,
and I am at 45ft elevation on a hill that peaks at 150, but zero elevation is
on the other side of my block, probably swamp landfill. Last year, was
especially humid, our local beaches were closed, dark green from storm drain
overflow.

*+-Mold in a shower is normal and easily killed by laundry bleach, mild
*+-elsewhere is caused by water, either leaks or condensation in winter.
*+-A humidity fan wont fix what you think it will and will trigger on a
*+-rainy day bringing in more humidity.

- = -
http://www.panix.com/~vjp2/vasos.htm http://www.facebook.com/vasjpan2