Silvan

Default OT - OLDER THAN DIRT QUIZ

Swingman wrote:

"Charlie Self" wrote in message

The evening I quit, I finished
almost 4 packs of cigarets for the day, and that was not far above the

norm.
Even at 90 cents a pack, that was getting costly.

I hope you come through that OK, Charlie. Some people die of lung cancer at
50 without ever lighting a butt, and other people smoke five packs a day
until age 103. You just never really know. I personally think the risk is
blown way out of proportion, but then as an active smoker, and a young man
besides, you'd expect me to think that.

When I quit 12 years ago I was easily spending $1500/year on cigarettes
... that's a nice annual tool budget.

I figure I'm spending $1,000. A nice budget, but OTOH if SWMBO doesn't have
to buy me my cigarettes, will I ever actually *see* the $20 a week I'm
saving?

Probably not. It will end up getting funneled into stupid useless pieces of
shiny metal and rock more than likely. One sad but true reason why I
haven't gotten around to quitting the damn things yet.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/