Posted to alt.home.repair
DerbyDad03 DerbyDad03 is offline

Default Would multiple GFI's cause breaker to trip?

On Jun 10, 2:53*pm, Mikepier wrote:
I had gotten an Intex pool with a filter pump. I ran a UF cable
outside, and I installed a weatherproof outlet, plus I installed it
under my deck stairs so it would be out of the elements. The UF cable
goes into an Intermatic timer in my basement, then to the breaker
panel. There are 3 total GFI devices *on this circuit.

1) the filter pump has a GFI plug on it
2) The outside outlet is a GFI
3) the breaker is GFI ( I have a lot of spare GFI breakers to use)

So far on 2 occasions, the breaker tripped, and this was after it
rained outside. All the connections look good, and the filter pump
looks good. Would multiple GFI devices cause problems, or does the
breaker trip indicate I have a fault somewhere?

OK, I'm confused.

Do you have:

GFCI Breaker ----- GFCI receptacle ----- GFCI receptacle ----- Device

or