Posted to rec.woodworking
Casper Casper is offline

Default noise canceling headphones

My very satisfactory, but expensive, Bose noise canceling headphones,
Model QC-2, have given up the ghost. Now there seem to be many more
choices than when I bought the Bose headphones years ago.

What do you like, and not like, about the non-passive hearing
protection you use in your noisy workshop?

Suggestions will very much appreciated.

Dale Thompson

Dale,

I'm an audio nut and, in the last few years, got back into headphones
as my primary listening device. Bose are decent headphones, but in
many opinions, not near as good as others and overpriced. I suggest
that if you really want to get a good pair for the money, you go to
head-fi.org and read up. I'm a head-fi member and can tell you there
is tons of information available on the site, including for noise
canceling headphones. Do a search and I'm certain you'll find
something to satisfy your ears and wallet.

I personally do not use headphones while working. I can't hear the
music as well and it frustrates me. So I use ear plugs while working
and headphones and great music while relaxing afterwards.

Good luck!
`Casper