Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus28478 Ignoramus28478 is offline

Default OT English, serious question

On 2010-06-10, Karl Townsend wrote:

"Ignoramus967" wrote in message
My 9 year old got his report card scores today. His percentile rank is
at 99% in math, but only 92% in English.

Iggy, just another thought for you. Focus on your son's strengths. Anybody
enjoys becoming excellent at what they are already good at. if he can get a
99% on math, i bet he can understand the function of encoders, how a servo
is like a dc motor, etc. etc. Great engineers are made before they are
teenagers. Not to mention the thrill of working along side dad. I made a
point of doing this with my son starting when he was five. We still work
together 10 or more hours a week. He's 27.

Karl, this is a TOTALLY great idea. I agree 100%. I try to get him
involved, anywhere where bare 220v wires are not present. He already
knows how to weld, though not too well. I really would like to keep
some deep contact with my kids once they grow up.