Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Dandy paint roller cleaner

On Thu, 10 Jun 2010 13:55:46 +0100, Fred
wibbled:

Hi,

has anyone bought any of these? I've seen them on ebay. They fit a
roller on the end of a drill and spin the excess paint off. There's
another one for paint brushes. Are they any good? Do they do what they
say?

The instructions say to use an old drill to spin the roller over a
dustbin. Why an old drill? Does the paint splatter everywhere? Is it
just to keep the paint off your shiny new drill? If so, I guess I'll
either need to design some spray guard or buy a cheap silverline or aldi
drill.

TIA

For what it's worth, the way I clean my rollers is similar. I use a hose
outside and between soaking, use the jet to spin the roller at high
speed. Of course, I get splatted, but the spinning seems to shift the
paint faster than what seems like infinite washing in the sink.

So, as a principle, I think it's sound.

As for your drill - I don't think there's much danger of upsplashing
getting it - but a cardboard circular shield with a hole in the middle
sellotaped onto the collar would help.

--
Tim Watts