Posted to alt.home.repair
Nate Nagel Nate Nagel is offline

Default Replacing the batteries in rechargeable battery packs

On 06/10/2010 06:13 AM, wrote:
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 06:16:49 -0500, FatterDumber& Happier Moe
wrote:

mm wrote:
I've read a lot here about replacing the batteries in rechargeable
battery packs, but always about portable power tools.

Is it also possible to do this with battery packs for laptop
computers?

A friend was given a beautiful, used laptop, but doesn't have enough
money to buy a brand new battery. Can individual cells be replaced at
lower cost?

E-bay it and you will find some pretty decent prices from power
sellers. They aren't OEM but they will get you down the road a ways.
You won't be able to buy the batteries for the price of a new laptop
battery . Upgrade the bios in the computer as those have a lot to do
with the charging system for the laptop batteries.

Aftr you buy your battery for $9.99 plus $59.99 shipping from ebay,
toss it in the garbage before you open the box it was shipped in. No
sense wasting time opening the box to look at a defective battery.
If it's sold on ebay, it's JUNK.

Odd, then, that I think I have only really gotten burned but good once
on eBay, and that was for some asshole selling a carburetor that he'd
dropped and bent the throttle shaft as "brand new."

I've also ordered batteries from dealextreme (for my cell phone) which
seemed to last just as long as the original Motorola batteries.

nate

--
replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.
http://members.cox.net/njnagel