Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

Gee, I wonder if they standarized the positions for color-blind
drivers.

Works for me ...

The rare time I have trouble is at night with a blinking light at a
cross roads. I either do the same as the car in front of me, pulling
over and letting someone pass as the bell cow if need be; or slow to a
complete stop if necessary, and/or proceed with caution.

Also these idiot designed new left turn lights threw me the first time I
saw them in Austin last year, and now they're spreading to the rest of
Texas.

With the new left turn lights, the left turn arrow, which used to only
be lit when it was green, now stays is constantly lit and turns from red
to green ... that was a bitch the first time ... and totally unnecessary
if you think about it.

AFAIK there is no color blind test for driving in any place in the US
I've lived. However, there was in Germany ... I failed, but got the
license anyway because I was the ranking Army officer in the area at the
time .. the old Germanic respect for authority, safety be damned, I
suppose.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010