Michael Daly

Default Electrolytic Rust Removal & Power Supplies

On 1-Jan-2004, (Greg) wrote:

Has anyone actually tried to figure out how many amps this process consumes at
a given voltage?

Some of the web sites specify something in the 1.5-2A range at 12v nominal.
I set up a VOM in line when I did some rust removal and measured just
under 3A. It depends on how far apart the rusty bit and the sacrificial
bit are. If close together, the current increases. My plastic tub limited
the distance I could separate things so I couldn't get much less than 3A.

with a big corporation that sold business machines internationally and I may

An Incredibly Big Multinational corp, huh? They scrap neat stuff!

Mike