Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Identifying a Faucet

On Jun 9, 10:57*am, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

On 6/8/2010 8:24 PM, Evan wrote:

What is the nature of the problem which requires "work"
on the faucet ?

The flow is restricted, and the problem is not the aerator.

Restricted flow in the hot side might be chunks of dip tube from the water
heater.

A while back some water heater manufacturers used a plastic that would
degrade over time causing this very mischief.

You might also check the angle stop on the hot side if you find crud in the
valve.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Usually you find some of those bits in the aerators. I know I did.

Before forcing the handle off I'd get a bucket, diconnect the lines at
the bottom of the faucet and make sure both flowed well and equally
into the bucket.