Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Screwfix Hitachi cordless SDS - any good

On Tue, 08 Jun 2010 23:45:49 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

It was tempting at £250 but now it's down to £200 I'm in serious

danger
of nabbing one.

I was looking the other day at battery SDS drills until I saw the
prices...

I'm not quite sure how you "Save £100" as shown in the banner above
the image when the "was" price is shown as £249.99 and the current
price £199.99...

Could be nice for the man who has everything and plenty money, but just
how often would you use a cordless SDS?

For me anytime I want to drill a hole in the walls. The battery
hammer drill driver can hardly scratch the surface. Running a mains
extension is a PITA if outside but not sure if it's a £200 PITA. B-)

I doubt the batteries would last long doing that.

2AHr ones supplied but two of them, I wonder what the battery life is
like and how does the 1.7J impact energy compare?

--
Cheers
Dave.