Posted to alt.home.repair
Evan[_3_] Evan[_3_] is offline

Default Identifying a Faucet

On Jun 8, 10:59*am, mcp6453 wrote:
On 6/8/2010 8:23 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

I was thinking the right tool would be more than I would be willing to
spend. *But this one is not bad.

It might also be possible to use a piece of wood as a rest and a
couple larger screwdrivers as pry bars.

The vinigar is a good idea too. *If it's stuck it's probably calcium.
Some diluted muriatic acid might work as well but you would have to be
careful to keep it off the finish unless it is sealed.

I have a similar tool that I used to use to pull bearings from motor
capstans, but the center pin is too large. My local Lowes store appears
to have this one in stock, so I'm going to buy one for the toolbox, even
if I decide to replace the entire faucet.

It's possible that the valve has trash in it. If all I have to do is
clean it, I'd rather not replace the faucet.

What is the nature of the problem which requires "work"
on the faucet ?

~~ Evan