Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Shop Wall and Electric

"Josepi" wrote in message

Personally, If I were you, I would pay for a wiring inspection. You run
all
your cables to the boxes and call them to come and then again after the
recepticals are installed and closed up. I would run the wire, install the
boxes and wire the recepticals and leave hanging for the rough in
inspection. (the wall finisher will not like the receptical wired in bu
they
can be turned sideways and pushed through the holes before mounting the
drywall etc... Inform the inspector you are not too sure and have a close
look, He will advise some requirements, some tips, and some hints of how
make it right or better, usually. After the first wave of inspection, hook
up your breakers in the panel. If nervous about that get some help,
friend,
passing electrician etc... With inspection, you'll feel better, your home
insurance will feel better after a fire, and you just bought yourself some
protection against insurance, weasel out.

I recently read somewhere, perhaps in the NEC, about a requirement of
submission
of desogn drawings (prepared by somoneone who knows how to) that are not
less than 30" etc.
Is this part of the wiring inspection process? You are talking about
working
through the city/municipality right? The insurance issue is one I have been
concerned about. I am a little afraid to let an inspector see what I
"inherited" when
I bought my house (although the house inspector didn't note any problems in
this area).
Someone with a trained eye wouldn't have trouble finding existing things to
object to...
BTW, my project includes the installation of a subpanel adjacent to the main
panel.

Bill