Greg G.

Default ^H^H^H^H

Silvan said:

Greg G. wrote:

Then some crafty programmers editor known as QEdit retaught my fingers

Loved that thing...

Yes, it was fast, compact (63k I think), fully customizable (it
altered the executable with your mods), and would fit on a 5 1/4 low
density floppy WITH bootable MS-DOS. I used it for well over 10
years. The programmer is/was local, and lived in Marietta, GA -
Semware.

Took me forever to learn vim when I switched to Linux. No WS-style editors
that suited me. Vim is better though.

I believe they had a version of that on the System 34/36 and AS-400s
at IBM, for whom I worked briefly in the late 80's - right before the
big 'downsize'. Last in, first out. g

I wouldn't even want to count the hours I have spent over the years
keeping up with various programming languages and operating systems -
only to have them disappear almost overnight.. I have so much
obsolete crap in my head, there is no room for more.

I've gotten to the point I hate technology - and am sorry I ever spent
a minute learning anything about it - I would have done far better,
career wise, to have stuck with working on Mercedes'. :-|

Oops... Off topic rant... g

Greg G.