Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Toby is offline

Default External socket for providing power to camper van.

"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 08/06/2010 14:13, David WE Roberts wrote:

I've looked through the Wiki on taking power outside and read the bits
about single external socket on an existing ring and RCD protection.

I can't immediately find anything about installing the single external
socket.

Installing the sockets itself is usually straight forward if you can drill
straight through from the back of it.

What I want to do is to put a female blue round pin outlet with a spring
cover and pointing downwards (just like you get on campsites) on an
external wall near to an internal 13A socket so I can take a spur
through the wall.

Yup, that's ok.

John,

Is it OK to feed a 16A socket from a 32A ring?

I assumed not, seen as there isn't a fuse in the blue plug or socket!

Toby...