Posted to misc.consumers.frugal-living,alt.home.repair,misc.consumers.house
Colbyt Colbyt is offline

Default What are currently your best saving tips ?

"Lou" wrote in message

"Tony Sivori" wrote in message
news
Colbyt wrote:

Contrary to what someone one else posted this may be true. Kentucky
had
an intangible property tax like that until a few years ago.

I've lived in and filed taxes in Kentucky for many years. I've never paid
the first penny of tax on any bank account balance.

I don't anything about taxes in Kentucky, but whether or not you actually
paid a certain tax doesn't really tell us anything about whether or not
such
a tax existed. It doesn't even tell us if you had a bank balance to pay
taxes on.

Actually Tony's claim would be accurate for Kentucky based banks. Funds on
deposit in banks located in KY were exempt from the tax. The banks were
required to pay the tax but not the depositor.

Money in out of state banks, money market funds, stocks and bonds were all
taxed.

I think it was that exemption that helped in the over-turning of this
onerous tax.

Colbyt