Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What length screw to use?

On Jun 8, 9:18*am, dpb wrote:
Joe J wrote:
I'm attaching 2 x 4s to the studs in a finished garage. *Finished with
1/2" drywall. *Are 3" screws long enough, I have a bunch leftover from a
different project? *The 2 x 4s will be holding 5/8 plywood for shelves. *
Or, should I just bite the bullet and go with 3 1/2?

Ditch the drywall screws for the purpose entirely.

--

He didn't say he had drywall screws. He's saying that he has to go
through a 2x4 and drywall to reach the stud. With three inch screws