Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Making your own control cable

On Jun 7, 7:21*pm, "SBH" wrote:
I have a Troy Bilt lawnmower which requires a control cable known as "wheel
Speed Adjusting cable", which is basically a cable to control the self
propelled speed. This mower is about 16 years old, but in good shape. Upon
calling several parts suppliers, this cable is no longer available. Though,
I haven't exhausted all resources just yet, the thought of making my own
comes to mind, thus, leads me to wonder if anyone has ever made their own
cable or knows of a place which can make it for me or any other option
offered?

Thanks

Does this cable also engage and disengage the self propulsion?
Because many self propelled lawnmowers do not have variable speed.
You could just pick a comfortable speed and lock the mechanism with a
bolt or clamp.