Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O/T(ish) B&D 12v batteries and charging

David WE Roberts wrote:
Having noted that my trusty old B&D 12v drill/driver and 12v combi are
starting to lose some battery longevity I had a quick Google to see how
much a replacement might be.

About £30.

Since you can buy a new 18V combi (albeit not a particularly special
one) for under £40 this does not seem to make economic sense.

however the replacement batteries may well be beter than the originals.

Also at least 75% of the cost of a cordless is in the batteries. The
motors are cheap mass produced chinese junk, as are the gears and
bearings. there is not a lot left.

If the cordless is of good quality and in good condition, re battery it
for a much BETTER tool.