Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Don Foreman Don Foreman is offline

Default Latest death threats from gummer

On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 11:45:54 -0700, Hawke
wrote:

Later I found that I like straight long-cut Finest Assam even better,
but I think one needs to visit the store in London to get that. There
are probably sources in the US that I don't know about.

I think I tried the English Breakfast tea and found it extremely
bitter. Is the Irish better or bitter? Yes, I use cream and
sweetener.

Don't know, haven't tried the English. Finest long-cut Assam is not
at all bitter. I don't use cream.

Some cheaper teas have a lot of dust in them which makes them acidic.
A rinse with cold water will get rid of that. Only works with loose
tea, obviously not with teabags.

What's the difference between the pekoes and Assam?

I think the Assam is maltier, darker and more robust.

I just bought some of the Irish Breakfast tea but it wasn't Twinings.
The brand I bought was Stash and I have to tell you I like it a lot.
I've been drinking it for the last few mornings and it's very good. Very
dark, with a strong tea flavor. I'll have to give the English Breakfast
tea a try next. One thing is for sure though. The Irish Breakfast tea
would make excellent ice tea with its good, strong, tea flavor.

Hawke

Bon appetit!