Posted to alt.home.repair
rlz rlz is offline

Default Identifying a Faucet

On Jun 7, 1:20*pm, "Roger Shoaf" wrote:
"mcp6453" wrote in message

news
The handle on the left will not come off after I get the screw out. The
handle on the right removes with no problem. I tried loosening it with
WD-40 and even tapping with a hammer, but it didn't help. I have some
other stuff to try when I go back over there. At this point, I'm getting
really close to replacing the whole unit, which is what's going to
happen if I break it anyway.

If you opt to replace consider the American Standard brand with the ceramic
disc valves.

Not too pricey and in the 15 years I have had these in my home not a single
drip and they work as smooth today as they did when I installed them. *The
only thing I don't like about then is the drain plug that doesn't seem to
effect a very good seal so soaking something takes a bucket.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

My suggestion is to go to Lowe's and buy a new ffaucet and then
install it. Once it's installed and working. the old handle will come
off very easily. It's amazing how that works...

Rob