Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default K & T wiring

On Jun 6, 11:12*pm, " wrote:
the big problem with a really old vehicle say over 25 to 30 years.

if your on a trip a newer vehicle can likely be fixed fast, and your
back on your waybut 25 years old few vehicles last that long at least
around pittsburgh, so the mechanic may not be familiar with the
vehicle and parts more of a hassle.

if our on a trip a newere vehicle will be easier to get fixed fast.

and service on everything today is all about speed

In my experience, parts pretty much always have to be ordered "from
the warehouse" no matter what. there's just too many different makes,
models,a nd years, no parts store is going to carry everything for
every car.

With a truly old vehicle, and again, 25 years is still pushing it for
those actually still in service as a daily driver, but for really old
cars like my '55 if I were going to take it on a long trip, I'd
probably pack a box in the trunk with a spare fuel pump, water pump,
and other easily replaced items just in case, as they are inexpensive
enough for older cars that it's no trouble to stock them in your
garage for eventualities. With a newer car that would likely be cost
prohibitive.

nate