Posted to alt.home.repair
Test group SBA Test group SBA is offline

Default Retrofitting interior doors - pre-hung?

On Jun 7, 6:31*am, "Frank McElrath" wrote:

One more thing I forgot: *Invest in a "hinge bit" for the screws. * It helps
you center the drill hole so the screws go into the HW perfectly. The first
time I did a door, I tried to do it by eye, and the screws were all crooked
and off-center. *Looked like $#@$.

You can buy a drill bit, or just a hammer punch.

http://www.amazon.com/HINGE-DRILL-Se...p/B000I39OLK/r...

Yes, I've hung cabinet doors etc. and I know exactly what you mean. I
bought one quite a while ago and it's a must-have.