Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default The Hurricane list is out - how do you prepare for one outsidethe "zone?"

clipped

Yes, there are lots of photos in daylight; I've seen a number myself.
Thing is, there aren't many that actually show the movie scenario of
that kind of stuff rotating around in the middle simply because even in
daylight by the time you have that much stuff in the air there's so much
dirt and small debris the visibility is occluded. Eventually, one of
the watch/chaser instrumented packages or vehicles will indeed get some
footage but I'm not holding my breath on seeing the bus and the cow
circling one another as in the movie.

Heck, just leave the cell phone and digital camera on the porch next
time there is a T warning )

Yes, there are seemingly incredible events; a sheriff's officer in his
car was killed while trying to serve as early warning by a second EF-5
spawned N of Greensburg the same evening. It ended up some mile or so
off the road from where they think he was parked. An automobile is
light enough that indeed it can become airborne but again, it's almost
all wind forces, not "sucked up" by the pressure differential. Heavier
items also get carried along and thrown around because they have larger
surface area.