Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Identifying a Faucet

On Jun 7, 11:51*am, mcp6453 wrote:
On 6/7/2010 9:09 AM, jamesgangnc wrote:

On Jun 6, 6:09 pm, *wrote:
Can anyone tell me the manufacturer of this faucet? It needs some work, and I
cannot get it apart. (The left handle will not come off of the valve.)

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/a...453/img078.jpg

Those are phillips screws in the tops of the valves? *Hard to tell
form your picture. *The screw won't come out? *Or the handle won't
come off after you get the screw out?

The handle on the left will not come off after I get the screw out. The
handle on the right removes with no problem. I tried loosening it with
WD-40 and even tapping with a hammer, but it didn't help. I have some
other stuff to try when I go back over there. At this point, I'm getting
really close to replacing the whole unit, which is what's going to
happen if I break it anyway.

Go buy a new unit. Then pull on the handle until it either comes off
or something breaks. If it doesn't break then you can just return the
new one while you are buyng washers or whatever the old one needs.