Posted to alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair,free.uk.diy.home,misc.consumers.frugal-living,uk.rec.cars.maintenance
Steve Robinson Steve Robinson is offline

Default Removing a polish smell

jkm1 wrote:

Need to remove a polish smell thats inside the neighbours recently
purchased one year old Citroen.

There is a sickly smell that one of the children especially finds
very unpleasant. It's very subtle and difficult to locate exactly
and we suspect it might be an interior cleaner or polish thats been
used.

Is there some solution that we can make up to wipe over all the
surfaces to see if it removes the smell. It obviously wouldn't want
to be something that might adversely affect the plastic and the
seats. Thanks.

Its probably one of those deoderising cleaners / sprays soap and
water will be your best option followed by febreeze or one of the
odour neutrisers sold at halfrauds