Knucklehead

Default Build or buy Router Table?

Tell him to move it over to your house and you'll use his shaper. ;-)

KY

--

http://users.adelphia.net/~kyhighland

"Al Reid" wrote in message
I thought of doing that, building it into my TS extension table (Delta 10"

Contractor saw w/52" Beis fence), then decided to build a
cabinet under it. In retrospect, I probably should have done it.

Although I hope to never stop learning, the 'Get what you really want"

factor may be the reason to build rather than buy. On the
other hand, my brother, the proud owner of a Delta 7-1/2 HP 3 phase

Shaper, thinks I should abandon the router and buy a shaper (or
just use his).

--
Al Reid

"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you

know
for sure that just ain't so." --- Mark Twain

"Dan" wrote in message

On Wed 31 Dec 2003 11:34:34a, "Brian" wrote in
:

Definitely build one.

Bulldog.

Yeah, build. In your case it sounds like you've already got plenty of
experience so the learn-while-you-build factor might be kind of low but
there's still the fact that you're building something to suit your own

type
of work and height.

I'm still deciding whether to incorporate a router into the tablesaw
cabinet I'll build this spring. What with the overarm guard frame and

all,
it might get in the way. But if I make the guard arm high enough, I

think
it'll work and I could sure use the saved space. But having a separate
station to use as assembly and outfeed table would be nice. Then again,

if
the router/tablesaw combo works for David Marks...

Drat.

Dan