Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Retrofitting interior doors - pre-hung?

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 16:04:39 -0400, Peter wrote:

On 6/6/2010 3:54 PM, wrote:

I was much older when I did my first...three children, one of whom
knocked the door down trying to get to a sibling. Just a normal
squabble, but the door was not fastened in place other than by the
finishing nails holding the trim in place!! There are many ways to learn
how NOT to do things )

I hope that your front entry door was (is?) fastened more securely!

The garage entrance door to my previous house wasn't. It is now; 4" screws
through the hinges and striker.