Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner[_3_] Steve Turner[_3_] is offline

Default Siphon-feed spray gun won't siphon

On 6/6/2010 7:16 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:
2 possibles:

1) Verify that the rear needle o-ring (#16) is in there.

That o-ring is there; I know because I removed the needle several times and I
could feel it providing that nice snug resistance. I could also see it sitting
in there when I removed the #17 nut.

2) Verify that the o-ring, (#9) and packing (#10)on the volume nozzle
are in there. It can't suck fluid up the siphon tube if it can't pull
a vacuum with the venturi action.

Thanks Larry; I will check for those.

--
A. Because it makes the discussion harder to read.
Q. Why should I not top-post?