Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cars.maintenance,alt.home.repair,rec.woodworking
Roger Shoaf Roger Shoaf is offline

Default It wont stay shut by itself

"Stuart" wrote in message
In article ,
Roger Shoaf wrote:
Another option would be to purchase a latch that you can install that
does not require a key to operate, or has a function where it can be
locked or unlocked as you see fit. These are very common in the US and
Canada, and while custom doesn't have them in use in the UK, I would bet
that something of this sort is available from your local locksmith.

If the OP has one of the modern double-glazed doors, especially the ones
than shoot dead-bolts up, down, left, right and every-which-way when
locked, it's probably not an option - at least not without paying the
locksmith a fair wad for him to come and fit a replacement.

But those types of doors already have a latch where the door remains shut
and is only locked when you lift up on the lever. At least the ones that I
have seen that have made it to California.

Still the local locksmith should have a solution at hand, even if it is only
the spare key.

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.