Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_5_] Wes[_5_] is offline

Default Honda Going Back To Timing Chains?

Erik wrote:

Even though belts have to be replaced now and again, they keep the valve
timing tack on till they're replaced (or fail), are cheap to
manufacture, and eliminate 'internally lubricated components' from
warranty coverage.

Years ago, I was touring a Saturn dealers service facility while negotiating the purchase
of my current vehical. The salesman wanted to impress me that they could service my
vehical, I saw a mechanic that looked like he was changing out a timing chain/tensioner.

So I asked him what is wrong with this car, he said, they didn't change the oil often
enough.

I will not buy an car with a belt driving the cam shaft. I still remember the periodic
working on a buds Fiat X19.

Belts are fine when it is easy to change them out.

Wes

in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller