Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Watts Tim Watts is offline

Default Wafty shed base

I had 4 basic concepts when I started;

No stock.
No premises
No cash flow problems.
No staff.

Having seen these 'four horsemen' destroy many a small business in the past.

Fair enough. As you've set down those principles in stone and they work,
it's probably best not to bend the "rules"

By& large it works out. I have a few quids worth of tools, a minor amount
of screws, fixings, silicone, gripfill, brackets etc.

I work from home& the van.

I am currently owed - nothing. I currently owe - £73 which will be paid off
on Monday.

I only bring in labour for larger jobs like decking. My mate Desmond is
self employed& gives me an invoice, I pay him with a cheque.

Thats the way I like it. KISS.

Very admirable. Think how much better Britain would be if all businesses
stuck to the "not owe and not be owed" principles...

--
Tim Watts

Hung parliament? Rather have a hanged parliament.