Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman[_2_] The Medway Handyman[_2_] is offline

Default Wafty shed base

Tim Watts wrote:
On 06/06/10 09:45, D.M.Chapman wrote:
In ,
Tim wrote:

Why not get friends with a labourer or two? Get them in to do the
hard work while you set it up and finish it off to perfection.

That makes life a whole lot more complicated (would Dave employ
them?...)#

That was the idea...

and he can make enough cash as it is picking off the easy jobs.

Why change if it works?

Just another idea. That's why I said "make friends with" not "employ".

I had 4 basic concepts when I started;

No stock.
No premises
No cash flow problems.
No staff.

Having seen these 'four horsemen' destroy many a small business in the past.

By & large it works out. I have a few quids worth of tools, a minor amount
of screws, fixings, silicone, gripfill, brackets etc.

I work from home & the van.

I am currently owed - nothing. I currently owe - £73 which will be paid off
on Monday.

I only bring in labour for larger jobs like decking. My mate Desmond is
self employed & gives me an invoice, I pay him with a cheque.

Thats the way I like it. KISS.

:-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman