Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble Stuart Noble is offline

Default Using Ronseal High Performance Wood Filler

wrote:
In message mNrOn.55589$em4.2632@hurricane
stuart noble wrote:

wrote:
In message
(Steve Firth) wrote:

Keefiedee wrote:

What car body filler do you use?
[snip]

You mention difficulty getting the correct ratio of catalyst to
resin. That's not too hard, the rule is a lump of resin about the
size of a golf ball to catalyst about the size of a pea.
Absolutely spot on!

To add to this though, use a smaller than a pea amount of
hardener in this hot weather and slightly more in winter.

Stephen.

This would appear to contradict Steve's assertion that the resin
requires the pea size to cure.

No it doesn't, in normal temperatures the pea size is correct, I
merely pointed out the amount required in differing temperatures
from either extreme.

Stephen.

It will cure *eventually* with *any* amount of catalyst, providing this
is *evenly* distributed through the resin. That's my experience anyway,
and I have never had reason to doubt the strength of the cured resin.
Too much hardener, however, is known to weaken the end result.