Bruce

Default New bandsaw saga Part III (long)

On Wed, 31 Dec 2003 8:29:42 -0700, RKON wrote
(in message 8TBIb.2514$zf.1226@okepread05):

Glad to help!

It passes the nickel and penny test, but the penny will sometimes fall over
when I start it up.

I couldn't find much info (opinions) on the S45 but based on it's price range
I think it is more a direct competitor with the Jet 16". It would be worth a
closer look if you just can't find the extra $. MiniMax also has another "S"
type saw listed on their website http://www.minimax-usa.com (at least it was
there a few weeks ago).

-Bruce

Bruce:

How did it do on the nickel test? I was looking at the Laguna and the
comments out on the Laguna web site has definitely made me rethink the
Laguna. I'm looking on purchasing a new BS within the next month or so and
your review was very timely. I'm also curious as to why you chose the MM16
over the S45?

Thanks
Rich