Wood Butcher

Default Electrolytic Rust Removal & Power Supplies

I found that if I leave Stanley planes cooking for more than about 2hrs
the japanning starts to loosen up. Once I forgot and left one cooking
overnite and it stripped all the japanning and paint clean off.

So a timer could provide a nice balance to one's CRS syndrome.

Art

"Andy Dingley" wrote in message
On Tue, 30 Dec 2003 06:01:10 GMT, "Eric Lund"
wrote:

Then just set it for the amount of time you want to run.

I don't think this is a good idea.

- It's not adding anything useful. Why not just leave it cooking ?
One of the nice things about cathodic cleaning (as compared to anodic
electro-polishing) is that it's self-limiting. Leave the piece in for
an extra week, it just doesn't care.

- Leaving the piece dunked in the electrolyte but unpowered _is_
likely to to encourage rust. It's a salt solution here, maybe even a
caustic one.

- It's another gadget. This is a simple process, lets keep it that
way.
--
Klein bottle for rent. Apply within.