Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike O. Mike O. is offline

Default Considering Used Tools

On Sat, 5 Jun 2010 02:10:01 -0400, "Bill"
wrote:

Thank you for your feedback!
I suspect the TS runs--and it probably got a share of use too based on the
number of tools
that are part of the estate. None of them look new.

I'm not sure, but my guesstimate is that it could cost as much as $300 to
have the TS moved (even
though they wouldn't have to move it very far). Does your saw easily
separate into 3 parts that could be
moved by two people with a dolly and a U-Haul truck? Don't take the word
"easily" too seriously...I just

The saw is a late model right tilt Uni with what looks to be the
commercial 52" Biesemeyer fence. It's a good saw and as others have
mentioned, you might check to see if it's 3 phase.
Moving it is not much of a problem if you have a helper. The top
comes off with 4 bolts and you can leave the fence connected if you
are careful and have help to move it. Removing the motor is a good
idea. That takes the pressure off the trunnions when moving. After
that, it can be wheeled around easily.

Mike O.