Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael Kenefick Michael Kenefick is offline

Default Considering Used Tools

This is what I do to the home made port added to my 1949 4" Homecraft /
Delta jointer. The chips collect nice in a bag / garbage can.

Mike in Ohio

snip

It's a pretty decent machine. Yes, it will have a 4" dust collection
port, but of all the machines in a shop, jointers make probably the
least amount of dust. I have that same model in the 6" width, and I got
by for years by removing the dust port and simply placing a little trash
can underneath the dust chute (which angles downwards away from the
cutting area) and 90% of the shavings just fall right into it.