Posted to uk.d-i-y
harry harry is offline

Default Wafty shed base

On 5 June, 09:53, "The Medway Handyman" davidl...@no-spam-
blueyonder.co.uk wrote:
Customer has had a shed base laid (not by me, I turned the job down) which
has turned into a bit of a disaster. �Its off level by about an 1" in both
directions and the surface looks like a roller coaster for mice.

They want a metal shed erected on top, but there is no way thats going to
work until the base is sorted.

Initial thoughts are to erect level formwork & top the base with a little
more concrete.

Is it going to bond OK to the exciting base, especially where it
'feathers'.? Would PVA help?

--
Dave - The Medway Handymanwww.medwayhandyman.co.uk

Erect shed with shims or galv.washers on fixing bolts to pack it
level. Grout it where unsupported.
I assume the shed has it's own (timber?) floor. The gradient on the
base will help water drain off of it.