Posted to uk.d-i-y
David WE Roberts[_2_] David WE Roberts[_2_] is offline

Default Wafty shed base

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message
newsgoOn.71850$dN2.7024@hurricane...

Customer has had a shed base laid (not by me, I turned the job down) which
has turned into a bit of a disaster. Its off level by about an 1" in both
directions and the surface looks like a roller coaster for mice.

They want a metal shed erected on top, but there is no way thats going to
work until the base is sorted.

Initial thoughts are to erect level formwork & top the base with a little
more concrete.

Is it going to bond OK to the exciting base, especially where it
'feathers'.? Would PVA help?

Using some stuff already suggested - one course of bricks all round using
variable depth mortar bed to bring the bricks level.
Screed inside the bricks up level with the top.
Put the shed on the bricks.

Interested as to why you turned the job down - were they not prepared to pay
the price of a decent job?

Cheers

Dave R