Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magna Booster - Do I need One??

In article ,
Tony Bryer wrote:
I put a Magnaclean on my mum's CH - when I swapped the boiler I spent
a long time flushing the system through, and I then followed the
Keston advice to add a Y-strainer. Every few weeks this would clog up
with something the consistency of grease. In the end I took it out
and replaced it with a Magnaclean which doesn't obstruct the flow as
it collects stuff.

Did you clean the system properly as per the boiler maker's instructions?
The 'grease' has to be coming from somewhere and a magnaclean or other
such product ain't going to sort the source of it. And if some form of
chemical reaction is taking place sooner or later you'll end up with
having to replace everything...

--
*If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.