Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lightening strike neaby -- some damage

"Tony Hwang" wrote
Hi,
Just curious, is your utility lines(power, phone cable) all underground?
Any overhead poles? None at my neighborhood. All underground.

All overhead. Just down the street from me they do have underground wires
and a different feed from the substation. We get a short power outage maybe
once or twice a year, usually a few minutes to an hour. They fare only
slightly better than us as the lines to that group of houses is all overhead
anyway.