Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lint filter for washing machine drain

2 door wrote:
"Harry Avant" wrote in message
I would like to add a lint filter to the drain on my washing machine.
I've found a few but all state they are for use with drains running
into a laundry sink and NOT standpipe drains. My washing machine
drain hooks onto the top of a three foot high plastic pipe since
there is no sink in the area. Questions: why can't I use a mesh sock
type screen in this situation and is there anything designed
specifically for this type application?

Lint filter doesn't stay free of debris, guess what happens?

I'm also curious why you would want to filter waste water. Seems to
me, it would be like wanting to filter toilet water. Sewers are there
for a purpose.

It cuts down on plugged drains significantly.