Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Considering Used Tools

wrote in message
On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 23:55:09 -0400, "Bill" wrote:

I just found a TS (Unisaw) and a Jointer coming up for auction. I posted
pdf pictures of them on my web site:

http://web.newsguy.com/MySite/

What can you tell from looking (I'm sure your eyes are more learned than
mine..).

The Unisaw is a RT (mirror image of mine) with a Biesemeyer fence. Can't
tell
how long because the fence is cut off in the picture. It doesn't look too
old, but I'm not a Unisaw dating expert.

The jointer, at least, appears to have a 4" DC port.

No information on the jointer.

It Does
happen to say Unisaw on the TS (it it likely to have DC port?).

It should have one. The actual port may or may not be there, of course,
but
the part should be available.

Any guiding thoughts welcome!

If you can get the saw at the right price, go for it. Make sure all the
pieces are there. Does it run? Rust?

Thank you for your feedback!
I suspect the TS runs--and it probably got a share of use too based on the
number of tools
that are part of the estate. None of them look new.

I'm not sure, but my guesstimate is that it could cost as much as $300 to
have the TS moved (even
though they wouldn't have to move it very far). Does your saw easily
separate into 3 parts that could be
moved by two people with a dolly and a U-Haul truck? Don't take the word
"easily" too seriously...I just
wonder what I'm up against. I may call a mover before I bid! : ) Since
you were able to give me the model number,
I'll try to learn more about the TS online--thanks!

Bill