Posted to alt.home.repair

Default OT Michael Moore.

On 6/3/2010 10:32 AM, harry wrote:
On Jun 3, 8:31�am, The Daring
wrote:
On 6/3/2010 1:30 AM, harry wrote:

On Jun 1, 4:57 am, The Daring
wrote:
On 5/30/2010 12:29 PM, harry wrote:

On May 30, 1:27 pm, � wrote:
Peter wrote:
On 5/29/2010 2:34 PM, Douglas Johnson wrote:
� wrote:

The problem is the Chinese slave workforce. And the fact they hold
don't allow their currency to float. These sort of things never
went on in Smith's day.

Wrong at least twice. The workforce in China is not slave. In many
respects, it is more free than workforces in the US and UK. The
Chinese may take any job they can get hired for, at any wage, and
with any benefits they can negotiate. True, in many cases, those
wages are far less than the US or UK. But, in many cases, it beats
the hell out of working in a rice paddy. And slavery certainly existed in
Adam Smith's day, both in the US
and the UK. -- Doug

I thought that in the U.S. and U.K., anyone can take any job they can
get hired for, at any wage and benefits that they can negotiate.

Uh, no, not by a long-shot.

First, you have minimum-wage laws and all sorts of nanny-state workplace
rules. Then there are unions. Next is government licensing and permitting
for many occupations. Some jobs are intrinsically illegal! On and on.- Hide quoted text -

I see you are one of those greedy Americans thaty wants everything.
Even steal the food out of your nieghbour's children's mouth.

This is the black side of America. Greed, aquisitivity, damn your
neighbour attitude.

Harry, we greedy Americans give more to help our fellow man than any
other country. If there is a disaster somewhere, Americans are going
to send help and even if it's a country that doesn't like America,
we're going to offer help. Americans are every sort of person you can
think of, some are very bad but most are not the greedy *******s you
seem to think we are and it's quite tiresome to hear it over and over.
It's like hearing people say that all white folks in The South are
racist and descendants of slave owners, it's preposterous and very
insulting. If we have a fault, it's that we don't tell the rest of the
world to **** off. Do you think for a second that Americans would
hesitate to come to the aid of your country if you were attacked or
beset by some natural disaster? What do you think we greedy *******s
would do? I'd like to know?

TDD- Hide quoted text -

I would be the last to deny this. �On my relatively short visit to the
USA everyone was �very kind an generous to me without exception. �This
has been true virtually everywhere I have been. �And we a re old
allies, we did come to help you in Iraq.
There is a problem in the UK at the moment because of emerging facts
about how and why we got into this war. �Esp. emerging info about the
non-existant WMD and how the intlelligence was manipulated. �Bush is
thoroughly hated over here and republicans who have destroyed our
economy as well as yours. �Obama is a great relief as he seems to be
less scheming than W. �We'll see.
� What I find to be amazing is the circles of ignorance in America.
There seems to be goups of people that emerge with opinions �without
any information. They "know" it to be true because they have dicussed
it among like minded people. Because no information comes in from the
outside, the opinion becomes reinforced to the extent they don't want
to hear anything different.
When their spurious views are exposed they become extremely abusive.
Now I have handed out abuse too but only when abused first.

The problem is that few Americans travel and when they do �it's in
little frightened groups, afraid to interact with local people. Which
makes them look ridiculous or unfriendly to local people. �They have
the view that nothing important happens outside America, (except in
the country of their origin).

Also in Europe, you can have a discussion with anyone and hold
different views without these hysterical outbursts we see from time to
time on these threads. �A lot of my friends hold very different views
(esp. political) to me �and we often have arguments but remain
friends.
It's called open mindedness. �Hardly ever to be found in America. �We
have wit and banter, again unknown in America.

Most folks here in Alabama have never traveled abroad. In Europe
one can travel 100 km and be in another country. Here, it's not
unusual for me to travel that distance to another town to run
a service call on a computer or telecom system. You have to
remember, America was founded by religious wackos and a lot of
the behavior of the citizenry reflects this. Of course, our wackos
don't usually hunt down and kill someone who draws a picture of
Jesus, even if it's horribly distasteful. They may shun you and
boycott your business if they think you've done something sacrilegious
but your life is not usually in danger because of it. It can be quite
entertaining at times, like Monday when there was an election and
all the candidates were trying to out-Jesus their opponents. You
are more likely to find Bohemian behavior in college towns where
there are a lot of students and many people from diverse backgrounds.
Some time ago, there was a group of Christians who gathered on the
street across from the house of a woman who practiced Wicca shouting
that she was an evil Devil worshiper. The witch couldn't get them to
understand that Wiccans don't believe in the existence of The Devil.
It distresses me that more status is given to athletes or actors
rather than scholars in my country. To me it's bizarre that the
media goes nuts when a college gets a new football coach but pays
little attention when the same university gets a Nobel Prize winning
professor. My country is a wild mix of contradictions and oddball
behavior and that's why I love my home, I wouldn't have it any
other way.

TDD- Hide quoted text -

Just read through your post again. I never had the opportunity to see
some of your whackos while I was over there. I did intend to, but my
i-friend was RC it turned out and not into whackos. Pity. I fancied to
see see some holy rollers or extreme religious behaviour, US style.
Any politician that mentions Jesus over here would be laughed out
of town and be last in any election. B-liar famously said, "We don't
do Jesus". Heh! Heh! He joined the RC church when he left office. I
can't understand why they took him after what he did to our abortion
laws. They must be as hypocritical as him, they needed to
excommunicate him!
Oh! BTW. you can stick to miles if you like, we still have them here.
For the moment. Inches however have ben nobbled by the EU *******s.
In the UK we worship celebrities. The nearest example to that, that
you would know, would be Paris Hilton. Ie completely without talent
and complete airheads in your parlance. There's the thing on TV
called "Britains got Talent" Jeeze. I only watched it once, it was
embarrasing. Most of them needed drowning to prevent reproduction.
BTW, everyone over here is extremeyl concerned about the Gulf oil
spill. We do worry about y'all.

The oil spill is being discussed on local talk radio as I type this.
Most folks around here have no idea that there is a Gulf Stream that
can actually carry the remnants, the heavier less volatile components
of crude oil, to the shores of Great Britain. The dumbing down of my
countrymen is going to be the death of America and I consider the
loss brainpower to be more dangerous to our republic than any foreign
terrorist. The talking heads and politicians should shut the hell up
and allow the experts to do their job and plug the damn well. BP has
a very good incentive to stop the leak, "profit". That evil, greedy
quest for money that drives all of these huge wicked corporations.

TDD