Posted to alt.home.repair
Peter[_14_] Peter[_14_] is offline

Default OT Michael Moore.

On 6/3/2010 1:57 AM, Mac Cool wrote:

I asked for examples. I'm looking for specific examples of private health
care and education that is cheaper and better.

Some friendly words of caution: Carefully re-read the correct statements you
made in previous posts that specific examples are not useful in this discussion.

One can often find anecdotal examples that support a certain position. Those
anecdotal examples are not likely to be statistically significant and therefore,
not strong supporting evidence.

Even if someone comes up with a few specific examples of private health care and
education that is cheaper and better, those examples will not "make the case"
for those who stubbornly prefer their cherry-picked example(s) and ignore
well-done analysis.

The facts support your position. When you ask the opposition to cite anecdotes
to refute your facts, you fall into their trap.